Turning that Frown Upside Down

Today was the last day of school before Christmas Break.  If you remember from when you were in school, that also means that today is the day for the classroom holiday party.

The problem is that right now it looks like this...


 And school has been cancelled.

I was just telling John last night about the time I had to miss my classroom party because I had the flu.  I still remember it as one of the saddest days of my childhood.  So this morning, when I read and confirmed that the boys would indeed not be going to school, I knew there would be two disappointed little boys.

Luckily, several weeks ago I told the boys that we could have hot chocolate when it snowed for the first time. 

The Polar Express and hot chocolate with marshmallows


I think we've successfully turned their frowns upside down.

3 Response to "Turning that Frown Upside Down"

  1. Heather A. Says:

    I thought about you all this morning, I really did! Glad to see the day was not wasted.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Great idea for a snow day. Just in case you need another, try this one http://www.toddlerapproved.com/2011/07/escape-volcano-shape-game.html If the link doesn't work, let me know and I'll send it through email.

    ~Kelly

  3. The McKean Family Says:

    So fun! Merry Christmas!